Swiss Education Group
A passion for hospitality.
SEG IN PROFILE
Founded in 1982, the Swiss Education Group (SEG) is now a world-renowned network of Swiss hotel management schools. With the combination of academic courses and hands-on instruction, the SEG prepares over 6,000 students for the varied demands of the hospitality sector. Students from over 110 different countries typically complete a three-year Bachelor or Masters degree programme before bringing the Swiss hospitality tradition for outstanding quality to hotels all over the world.
HOW INVISION PLAYS ITS PART
In 2008, SEG founder Dr Andreas Künzli took on board INVISION as a partner and shareholder as part of his succession arrangements. The shared vision of further improving the quality of the school and its programme was firmly anchored in the company strategy, shaping the work undertaken jointly by SEG and INVISION.
I could never imagine selling my company to someone I did not trust. From the very first moment onwards, INVISION was a partner I could trust.
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES
CHF 160 Mio.
TYPE OF INVESTMENT
Succession / Buy & Build
- Strategic acquisition of César Ritz and DCT
- Geographic expansion to China, India and Latin America
- Expanding and improving the programme
- Strengthening the management team
- Launching the SEG International Recruitment Forum (IRF)
- Re-negotiating supplier contracts for catering and support services
- Launching new websites and new web 2.0 applications
- Introducing alumni network activities (website, brochure, local clubs)