FEINTECHNIK IN PROFILE
Originally founded in Thuringia back in 1920, this time-honoured company is a leading German manufacturer of wet-shaving systems and disposable razors with an overall product range for women and men. In its own production facilities, Feintechnik is an expert in using “Gothic arch” grinding, a technique that ensures that razor blades produce a clean shave over a longer period of time.
HOW INVISION PLAYS ITS PART
The owners of Feintechnik were very concerned to ensure the sustainable continuation of the solid corporate culture and also to safeguard the jobs of the highly qualified 350-strong workforce in the future. When no successor was found within the family, the company decided to enter into a long-term partnership with INVISION, which acquired the company together with an Austrian investor group.
With INVISION’s help, Feintechnik developed into an internationally renowned consumer goods producer with cutting-edge technological expertise.
Consumer goods (trademarks)
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES
EUR 50 Mio.
TYPE OF INVESTMENT
- Modernising the product range to increase competitiveness in the branded product segment. In particular: Introducing a 5-blade system razor for women and men
- Using grinding technology in a joint venture to manufacture microtome blades
- Establishing an international sales team
- Controlling production activities to bring about substantial increases in productivity and minimise waste
- Introducing an ERP system
- Promoting intensive R&D in the areas of grinding technology and production