High-tech RFID solutions of tomorrow.
DATAMARS GROUP IN PROFILE
The global company is a pioneer in the field of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) for textile and companion animal ID as well as being one of the leading providers in livestock ID. Based in the Swiss canton of Ticino, Datamars develops and produces comprehensive solutions and systems consisting of RFID tags, readers, antennae and software.
HOW INVISION PLAYS ITS PART
Together with additional investors, INVISION acquired an equity interest in Datamars in 2005 with a view to further strengthening and building on the company’s market position. By taking over strategically targeted international competitors, moving into new markets (livestock ID), opening new production facilities and building up worldwide sales structures, the SME established itself as an internationally active sector leader.
As an active investor, INVISION was instrumental in transforming Datamars from an owner-oriented company into a professionally managed market player.
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES
CHF 35 Mio.
TYPE OF INVESTMENT
Minority shareholding / Growth capital
- Expanding and opening new sales organisations in the USA, Australia and South America
- Setting up Petlink, an international animal database with various services supplementing RFID animal identification
- Acquiring the specialist company Rumitag as a means of gaining a foothold in the attractive livestock ID market
- Positioning Datamars as an innovation leader with a strong R&D team and patent portfolio
- Boosting and expanding the management team
- Resolving legal patent disputes in the USA
- Optimising production and opening a production facility in Thailand