A leading E-commerce retailer for Boardsports, associated Streetwear & Adventure.
PLANET SPORTS IN PROFILE
Planet Sports GmbH, based in Munich, has been synonymous for the past 25 years with boardsports, associated streetwear & adventure. The product offering includes numerous globally leading brands offered through its web-shop as well as a retail outlet based in Cologne.
HOW INVISION PLAYS ITS PART
Invision together with the experienced founder team of TonerPartner, acquired the operating assets of Planet Sports with a view to applying the inhouse expertise of successfully developing a profitable and rapidly growing e-commerce business.
As part of the succession planning of Peter Reisenthel, Invision has acquired a majority stake in reisenthel. The Reisenthel family remain as shareholders of the company. While Peter Reisenthel will support the company as an advisory board member in the future, Rita and Patrick Reisenthel will remain in their roles as head of marketing and head of purchasing, respectively. It is particularly crucial for the Reisenthel family to work with a partner who understands and continues the corporate culture of a family business.
In Planet Sports we identified a brand with a 25-year history, a well-known web-shop and significant improvement potential. Together with the TonerPartner founders, we are excited to embark on a new adventure with Oliver Garnier and the Planet Sports team.
- Laying foundation for sustainable, profitable growth through dedicated cost focus
- Dedicated e-commerce
- Repositioning company toward its core boardsports customer base
- Introduction of new brands
- Optimisation of the online strategy and logistics concept
- Continuous optimisation of all internal processes
- Novel financing opportunities to support future growth
- Expansion of the product portfolio